Sunday, April 5, 2009

R.I.P. Adina Charles

My grandmother died yesterday morning. And I feel the need to blog about it for some reason. Maybe because this is suppose to be my "diary" and I'm supposed to include the everyday happenings in my life.

She lived in Grenada, where my mother is from, so I wasn't there. In fact, I didn't get to see her much...like once a year growing up...but she was still my Grandmother.

I can't go to the funeral because I live on the West Coast and it takes like 23 hours to get there from here. I've just started a 30 hr/wk internship and have classes that I can't miss...but I guess I'll be at the funeral in spirit.

It kinda sucks living out here away from the fam because when things like this happen, I can't make it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE living on the West and in no way, shape, or form, want to move back East anytime soon lol. (I'm from Baltimore, MD btw) But it is hard to feel the sense of family when all of them are on the other side of the country.

Newho, she lived a long long life (90 years) and had 4 amazing children. She was married for 54 years to my grandfather, who's still kickin' today at the age of 96.
Just wanted to post this in her honor.

R.I.P. Grannie Diny

No comments: